Saturday, December 31, 2016

Out with the old and in with the new...






















So I sit here on the last morning of 2016 thinking about this past year and what is to come in 2017.  I think the fun times and memories made, the new life that was added to our family, the lessons learned and how the devil chose to shake us.  I think of the new beginnings that also came to us this past year.  I know this sounds stupid, but yesterday I was thinking how I think of 6 as the devil’s number & 7 as Jesus’ number.  I am hopeful that 2017 will be even better than 2016. 

Each year is a new beginning in my book.  Hopes for 2017:
·         A life change for health and I will shed the extra (weight AND stuff).
·         I’m cleaning out & will be scaling back on the stuff that we have. 
·         I pray for peace and quiet in my husband’s head and heart every day and I hope he can experience more of that in 2017. 
·         I pay for positivity to come into his hearts of two closest to me.  Life is so much easier and happier when you think positive.  Change your thinking, change your outlook – change your life. 
·         More time as a family – games, movies and just time together.  These years will be gone before we know it.  Just 4 ½ more years and Paige will graduate. 6 ½ and Tanner too will be gone.
·         More time for Dave and I.  Quiet time together with just us, and quiet time spent in a devotional.
·         Building my Plunder business to where I can really contribute to our families finances, pay for a family vacation, pay for a 2nd honeymoon for Dave & I.  I want to help the girls on my team to be successful and building their own business’ and their dreams for their business’. 

I pray that I can calm my own mind and settle the scattered that is in there.  I need to focus and quiet my mind.  The older I get the harder that seems to be.  Talking with a resident yesterday who sounds like her career path was similar to what mine has been/is.  She said not to let the stress get me because that was what brought on her strokes.  She is no longer able to do what she used too.  She has a hard time even just writing now due to the strokes.  Her stressful jobs definitely have taken their toll on her quality of life.  I do not want that for myself.  It also leads me to thinking about how I’ve missed out on the Noon Years Eve party today at church.  I planned the first one in 2014 going into 2015 and it was a total blast!  I then did it again last year, but when asked if I was doing it this year, I passed it up because I knew that all the pressure that was on me at work and how much I had on my mind, I couldn’t have one more thing to have to think about doing.  I just didn’t have the energy or the capacity for another thing in my head.  Makes me really sad too because life is short & you know your company doesn’t value you as much as you give to your job.  Or I don’t feel like mine does.  Makes me sad, but that is what I feel about the corporate world.  We are just another face/body running the offices. 

I am hopeful of all that 2017 has in store for our family!  For my marriage, my husband, my son, my bonus kids, my grandkids and for my personal growth.  I love this life I have been given.  The good and the bad, the success’s and the failures.  Everything has made me who I am and had brought me to where I am today.  I pray for much success for our careers in 2017, continued good health, positive minds, good grades, feelings of fitting in and good friendships, building stronger relationships with God, being better friends to others, being a better wife for me, a better husband for Dave, better parents for both of us. 


I will be intentional with my time and where it is given in 2017.  

No comments: