Wednesday, April 15, 2009

We're all a little disfunctional!

OK, so I have decided that we all have some sort of disfunction in our families...somewhere! I don't care who you are. I recently got together with some old church friends from my Jr. High days. I remember always thinking they had these perfect families and really wished that I had that perfect family. Well, listening to everyone talking at dinner and about different feelings that they had growing up, or today and the disfunctional things that were within their families, it really made me feel good to know that I wasn't the only one with a crazy family! It's not that I had anything really bad in my family, just that as a preteen you think it's all the worst thing ever. You think you're the only one and that everyone else is so lucky & they come from these perfect families. It's not the case. We just don't necessarily share the crazy that happens behind closed doors and then we don't realize we are not alone.

Another thing, when you are that age you think that everything is the most important thing(s) or event(s) in your life & now I understand that really they are not. There is SO much more to life and those are just one chapter in your really big book! You will have more chapters than you even know. Some better than others, some easier to read (or get through) than others too, but all make us who we are today.

Love yourself and love the life you've been given!

No comments: