Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Things can sometimes be worse...think about it.

So sometimes we get wrapped up in what's happening to us.  Yes, it really sucks that my adult bonus kids and the 14 year old have disowned their dad & myself.  It hurts my heart and my son is hurting.  But when I think about how things could be much worse, we could have bigger fish to fry - like serious illness, I stop and think ya know, I really can't feel sorry for myself.  I just read this article by Jada Pinkett Smith who is losing her hair & it brought me right back to that...

Pinkett Smith said she tried to put the problem in perspective. “I really had to put it into a spiritual perspective, like the higher power takes so much from people. People are out here with cancer. People have sick children. I watch the higher power take things every day,” she explained. Looking at it from that context “really did settle me,” she added.





No comments: