Wednesday, October 14, 2009

All things Pumpkin

I just can't seem to get enough pumpkin stuff right now! Pumpkin Pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin ice cream...Now I'm dying to make some pumpkin cream cheese that I saw a recipe for! Yum, yum, yum!

OK, so just walked down to Cold Stone Creamery & I can say without a doubt that the Edy's Slow Churned Pumpkin ice cream I bought on Sunday & had gone with 5 servings is WAY better!

In fact, I would say this gal took my words away in her review! Read below...Here's the link where I found her review:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/399417/review_of_edys_ice_cream_pumpkin_a.html?cat=22

"...My first victim was Pumpkin ice cream. The pretty orange and cream coloring of the container is what caught my eye. The bold fall colors caught me yes; but it was the flavor of the ice cream that said 'I'm good, take me home.'
Pumpkin ice cream. This was something I had never tried before. I like pumpkin pie, I like pumpkins, so why not try pumpkin ice cream. It would either taste like garbage, or it would be divine. Seeing how Edy's has always been a favorite of mine, I purchased it with the thought that it would taste divine.
At home I yanked open the top, dipped in my spoon and took a taste.
Holy crap!
Oh no they didn't!? Did they seriously capture the essences of pumpkin pie and put it into an ice cream batter? You bet they did! Edy's Pumpkin ice cream tastes just like pumpkin pie, only...it's ice cream.
It confuses the palette at first. When one thinks of pumpkin pie they think of the creamy texture, the smooth spicy taste, and in some cases that pie is warm.
Placing ice cold pumpkin pie into your mouth is a strange way to eat it, but it's still equally as delicious.
Pumpkin ice cream is slow churned, so the ice cream has that realistic smooth texture that an actual pie has; only much, much colder.
The ice cream itself is orange, and has little flecks of spice that you would see in pumpkin pie in it.
I still think that they blended up a pumpkin pie and turned it into a slow churned ice cream! Yes I am convinced. You have to try it to believe it.
I actually got my tub of Edy's Pumpkin ice cream at a local grocery store for 2 for $5.00. Usually the costs me $6.49, which is a bit high for ice cream.
Finding this particular flavor right now should be easy because it is in season. It will however not last forever. Once fall is over, so is the flavor, and you may have to wait for it to make a come back next fall...if it does that is. So if you find it, buy it! (It will be available at any local grocery store down the frozen food isle).
Pumpkin ice cream is not for everyone. If you don't like pumpkin pie, you will not like Edy's pumpkin ice cream. For everyone else though, it's a frozen treat to die for."

Funny huh!? She's right on too, it's SO good!!

Back to pumpkin stuff other than her funny review! I would say that my pumpkin bread is way better than the pumpkin muffin you can get down at Panera and yes, I think it may even be better than teh pumpkin bread from Starbucks. I'm so sorry to say that out loud Starbucks! You DO make THE BEST Pumpkin Spice Latte's though! DO NOT whatever you do, I'm serious about this - DO NOT get one from Panera. Seriously, it's terrible!! I got one a year or two ago & it was so bad! not at all like the one from Starbucks! I was thrilled when we were out walking to Cold Stone (yea, it's only 45 degrees outside right now) and I saw that we have a Starbucks within walking distance from our office too! Wow, to think that we've been here for what 3 years now & I'm just figuring this out!? Probably a VERY good thing!

No comments: