Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Quote that changed my opinion on abortion

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."
-- Mother Teresa

So I had always thought it should be a woman's right to choose as it's her body. I didn't think it was right, but if I were ever raped or a victim of incest and became pregnant, I would want to abort that baby. And I sure didn't think it should be a form of birth control. Well, then when I read that quote as I drove into work one morning I thought wow - that is so right! And if it's wrong to commit murder, then why should you be allowed to murder that baby growing inside of you?

Today I had an email from a friend in response to a link I sent to her about the ex-planned parenthood employee. She said: "A gal I work with said she had to assist on an abortion once at the hospital where she used to work. She said after that one time she told the staff she would refuse to ever do one again. She stated that the fetus actively tries to get away from the vaccuum and that was enough for her to understand they can feel pain and are smart enough to try to get away. God help those poor babies".

That made me sick. And that goes to show that they ARE babies. If more people heard that I'm sure there would be less abortions around the world.

No comments: