Thursday, July 1, 2010

Independence Day, it's just around the corner!


I just love our American flag! That red, white and blue...the older I get the prettier I think it becomes. Maybe it's just an appreciation for more things with age?
When I think of the 4th of July, I think of family, parades, and BBQ's! I think of being at my Grandparents house as a kid & lighting off fireworks in the backyard there in Omaha. My cousins are 6 and 7 years older than I am, and my sister is 6 years older as well. My Dad, he was a big kid himself & enjoyed shooting them off!
I also love this Lee Greenwood song, brings a tear to my eye and I think we couldn't be luckier to live anywhere else than right here in the United States of America! We are so blessed to have men and women that are willing to go fight for us to have the freedoms here at home that we have.





Lee Greenwood - God Bless The USA
Watch Music Videos at www.yallwire.com
I think next year I would like to stay home again for the 4th as we have in the past. We won't be able to have a BBQ since we're staying at a hotel & I'll miss that. The past two years have been spent wtih friends & going to a parade adn out to watch fireworks with friends. I was really looking forward to that again this year, but our friends that host were having their sons tonsils out today so had to cancel this years festivities! Really bummed about that! Oh well...Happy 4th of July! May God bless you and your family!

No comments: