Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Swedish Meatballs

I got this recipe from my friend Michelle & made them up for dinner last night. Of course I forgot to take a picture of them in the pan or on the plate, so I snapped a picture of left overs I was sending home with my mother in law!

1 lbs Ground Beef
1/2 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
1 egg
1/4 onion, chopped fine
A few shakes of Kitchen bouquet, soy sauce and Worchestershire
Sprinkle of Margoram, sage and whatever else you like
Dab of A1 or other steak sauce

Mix and make meatballs. Cook in pan over low to medium so that they don't burn. You will take out & then use this pan to make your sauce. Once the sauce is made, throw meatballs back into the pan.

Sauce:
2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup
1 soup can of milk
Pepper
1 tsp. Kitchen Bouquet
1 tsp boullion beef
Margoram
1/4 cup Red cooking wine

I found myself adding corn starch to water & into the pan to get my sauce to thicken up. Also, I think next time I will add some garlic to my meatballs, but they were really good!!! I did sprinkle on some garlic powder as they cooked b/c I got to thinking about garlic once I was already cooking them.

Even Chad liked this dish & said that I could make these again & he liked more than most of the other meals I've been trying out lately.

No comments: