Thursday, February 12, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Buffalo Chicken Pizza. OK, so I took a couple of recipes from allrecipes.com to make this one. I just love the flavor! Got the idea to look for a recipe after eating Minsky's Buffalo Chicken Pizza that I love so much! It's pretty darn easy...

I followed the recipe for Buffalo Chicken Strips II submitted by bellydancer for my chicken but I cut up into really small pieces to put on the pizza.

1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons butter
1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce


DIRECTIONS
To Make Dip: In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise and bleu cheese. Stir in green onion and pepper; cover and refrigerate.
To Make Strips: Heat oil in a large skillet. Season chicken with salt and sautee over medium high heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Add butter and hot pepper sauce to skillet and swirl until the butter melts and the sauce coats the chicken.
Serve hot chicken with refrigerated dip mix.

I like the thin Bobolli crust pretty well for this, but last night I used the mini crust which was not thin & it was still good. I put it into the oven for a bit as I warmed the oven up so it would cook a little as I was worried the crust may get soggy from the dressing & I don't like soggy crust, I like it crisp. I spread on some blue cheese dressing, not as much as the recipe calls for (even when making a full size pizza) b/c it's always seemed to be a lot in my opinion, sprinkle wtih the chicken & the cheese and place in oven until it looks good & bubbly! the pizza recipe that I've used as my guide is Buffalo Chicken Pizza submitted by Melissajean.





1 comment:

Sarah said...

That looks so yummy! Your stone looks so nice and new compared to mine. It's pitch black!