Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Reunion at Heaven's gate today!

Aunt Verda passed away this morning.  95 years is not something to be sad about, she lived a long, full life!  The last three years not so happy as they were without her honest to goodness soul mate and husband of over 50 years.  Aunt Verda was more than ready to go & had been asking the Good Lord why he was leaving her here since she'd lost Uncle Ed.  My Great Aunt was not by any means the sweetest, most kind and well liked woman in town!  In fact, she was pretty darn ornery & would say what was on her mine.  Not always a positive things either...I think the saying "if you don't have anything nice, don't say anything at all" may have been started for my Aunt Verda!  Uncle Ed was one of the few that could keep her in check.  I sure loved her though & have many a fond memory at her house!  I will forever miss her raspberry pies & I'll cherish my Christmas ornaments that I still hang on our trees every year!  I'll always remember the last trip out to see her & how snippy she got with me about my getting a divorce.  God love her, I know Aunt Verda was so happy today as she made her way through those pearly gates to so many loved ones that have gone before her.  I know she's with Uncle Ed, her parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, her brother, my Grandma, Dad and so many more! 



 
 



No comments: