Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Fantastic pasta dinner!

So my boss told me about a meal she threw together one night before Christmas & I've been meaning to make it ever since b/c it sounded so good!  You mix a red sauce with an Alfredo sauce.  Make carmelized onions, chicken & roasted red peppers & serve over pasta.  I used Rigatoni b/c it's what I had on hand & I really liked the heavier noodle with this.  The sauce was AMAZING!  When I make this again, I would definately use the same sauces that I used b/c the taste was fantastic!
I made my own carmelized onions b/c the jar of roasted peppers I bought (at HyVee) did not have the onions in it.  She had found a jar wtih both at Hen House.  Drain the peppers before adding to your sauce.  This chicken was fantastic in the dish & so easy since I didn't have to do anything but heat it up in the sauce!
To carmelize onions - add 1 Tbl olive oil to your pan & toss in the sliced onion pieces.  Cook until translucent and add 1 Tbl of honey.  YUM!
ENJOY!

No comments: