Thursday, October 30, 2008

OUTRAGED!

OK, so I was reading an aricle & didn't know what the word vivisection was so I googled it. I am mortified by what I have found.
http://www.lcanimal.org/cmpgn/cmpgn_016.htm
Taken straight from this link:
Vivisection is the cutting into or dissecting of a live animal. Billions of non-human animals have been burnt, crushed, sliced, electrocuted, poisoned with toxic chemicals, and psychologically tormented in the name of scientific curiosity. What have we learned from all of this suffering? That animal research is inherently unethical, inevitably wasteful, and wholly unreliable. The U.S. squanders approximately $18 billion per year on animal experiments, much of which is funded by taxpayers, even though alternatives are less expensive and can be used repeatedly. And what do we get for our dollars? "Too much suffering for too little knowledge."

I had NO idea that this kind of stuff went on! When I've seen animal testing I had no idea it was anything like this. now I understand why people are members of PETA and other groups like that! This is terrible, I am sitting here crying b.c of the inhumane treatment of animals. We have enough products out there and enough ingredients to make products that we already KNOW the reactions, why would they need to keep doing these tests?

No comments: