Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Yummy pumpkin pie!

Found this recipe & gave it a try on Saturday afternoon. My dad's favorite was pumpkin pie & so that was what he always had on his birthday. He would have been 66 this year on Oct 5th...Happy Birthday Dad!


INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
3 eggs
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 cups pumpkin puree HOLLY'S NOTE (I accidentally used 2 cans of pumpkin! - came out OK, but would use 1 1/2 next time though)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.)
In a large bowl, combine eggs, egg yolk, white sugar and brown sugar. Add salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Gradually stir in milk and cream. Stir in pumpkin. Pour filling into pie shell.
Bake for ten minutes in preheated oven. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake for an additional 40 to 45 minutes, or until filling is set.

I love and miss you...you're always in my heart and on my mind! Wish you were here to meet Tanner. You'd think he was pretty fun! He loves to make people laugh, just like you used to do. Sometimes I can see you in him when I look at him.

No comments: