Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What is an enabler?

en·abler

 noun \i-ˈnā-blər, -bəl-ər\

Definition of ENABLER

: one that enables another to achieve an end; especially: one who enables another to persist in self-destructive behavior (as substance abuse) by providing excuses or by making it possible to avoid the consequences of such behavior

 
Buying alcohol and ciggarettes for your underage children is not setting them up for a healthy lifestyle!  And as they grow continuing to push alcohol their way when you KNOW they have a problem?  You TOLD ME to get him into AA when I got him to KS & now you're asking him "are you sure you need rehab"?  YES - this man needs help!  He has a problem with alcohol, just as you do!  Drinking wine every night yourself & keeping box upon box available to yourself at all times.  I'm not saying I'm ome rockstar godess with no problems myself - yes, it runs in my family too and I don't handle my liquor well. Black outs, driven drunk, sometimes not knowing how I made it home!  Not proud of some of my moments and believe me there have been more than one night that's happened...But at least my parents haven't pusshed it my way or supported an unhealthy/potentially life threatenting habit!
 

No comments: